Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hola, Amarillo!

by Pa Rock
Road Warrior

Justin and I made the long drive from the Ozarks to Amarillo today, leaving before daylight and arriving here at about 1:30 p.m. We had planned on heading out last night, but fatigue caught up with me and I decided that a good night's sleep was in order. Sadly, this overgrown cow town is beginning to feel like home!

We went directly to the hospital and found Reed asleep with Jamie faithfully by his side. Justin stayed there, and I drove back up the street to the motel that we stayed in last week - and claimed a room. Tomorrow morning I will head out toward Phoenix - at long last! (Knock wood!)

It's Texas. The winds are blowing, the geese are flying in several directions and honking so loudly that outdoor conversation can be difficult, and the hospital parking lot boasts the sweet fragrance of Eau de Cow Shit!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know, even before the wreck I had spent many days in Amarillo getting ready for Meat Judging competitions. One thing I will never, ever forget is the that smell. Rough on some people, but the aroma of money to us meat heads.