Sunday, September 23, 2012

I See Walls - and Floors!

by Pa Rock
Master Unpacker

When this weekend started I still had fifteen boxes of books stacked in a bedroom waiting to be unpacked.  Now, late Sunday evening, I can report that all of the boxes are empty and all of the books have been shelved.  It is so great to be able to see walls that were once hidden behind boxes - and have open floor space in every room.  There is still a lot to be done, but I am getting there.

It is also a good feeling to have the ability to actually see my stuff, much of which has been in storage since early 2010.  I have run across many things that I had forgotten.  My new goal, after getting unpacked, is to go through everything and decide what to get rid of - especially with regard to the thousands of books that regard my house as their home.  When the time comes to leave Arizona, which hopefully won't be too far off in the future, I would like to be able to go with just a couple of suitcases.

Well, I can dream!

When my father passed away he was living in a huge house, over 5,400 square feet, that was filled to the rafters with a lifetime collection of junk.  That's where I am headed if I don't change my hoarding ways.  I definitely don't want to become my father in that regard.

There comes a point where you can't take it with you.  I am quickly reaching that point!

No comments: