Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Hard Day's Work

by Pa Rock
Landlord

If a person owns property, that person has to be available to take care of it.  My dad told me that many times, then left me property that I could hang around and take care of - without a good job, or I could work and hope for the best with regards to the property.  I have been trying to go with option number two, but neglect (both physical as well as management) has taken its toll.   I spent all of today in my hometown trying to get things right with my rental properties, and it was a very hard day indeed.

Tonight Gail and I had dinner at the local Cracker Barrel.  Tomorrow I am meeting Tim in Springfield at the airport where I will turn in my rental car and then go with him to Kansas City.  Thursday he and Erin (and Baby Olive) and I will fly to Toronto for the film festival.

All three showings of his movie, The Brass Teapot, have sold out - for a total of 1,900 seats.   That is an amazing accomplishment for a film with a first-time director and a first-time screenwriter of a feature film!  And just think, I knew him when!

Today was awful, but things will start getting better tomorrow!

No comments: