Saturday, April 7, 2012

Baby Olive Is Nearing Tokyo!

by Pa Rock
Proud Grandpa


It is early evening on Okinawa and the sun is preparing to set out over the East China Sea.  My granddaughter, Olive Noel Macy, should be just about to disembark at Narita Airport in Tokyo.  She and her parents, Tim and Erin, will be on the ground a couple of hours and then board a plane for a short flight to Okinawa.  Pa Rock will be at the airport shouting and waving and irritating all sorts of people!

I received an email from Tim this morning saying that their flight out of Los Angeles was leaving forty minutes late, a fact that could cause them to miss the first evening flight out of Narita - but there is another one less than two hours later.

My friend, Valerie Seitz, showed up early today and helped me get things ready at the apartment for my visitors.  She is planning on following me to the airport this evening just to make sure that we have room for all the luggage.  It is wonderful to have good friends, and Valerie is one of the very best!

Wishing you smooth flights Tim and Erin and Baby Olive!  See you  in Naha in a couple of hours!

No comments: