Sunday, April 15, 2012

Baby Olive Is Flying Home!

by Pa Rock
Proud Grandpa


The Kansas City Macy's ended their trip to Okinawa early this afternoon and are now either at the airport in Narita, Japan, awaiting their next flight, or someplace out over the Pacific Ocean heading toward Los Angeles and ultimately Kansas City.  They ran into some snafu with their tickets at Naha, but fortunately we were at the airport early enough to get everything figured out - which was made harder due to the language barrier.

We had a wonderful visit and got to see much of the island of Okinawa.  I leave here in just 90 more days, so I realized that many of our stops on the island would probably be the last time for me to see those particular sights.   It's sort of like I am already in my "good-bye" mode.

It was wonderful having company from the states, and truly a blessing to get to know my granddaughter so well! Soon I will be seeing all of my grandchildren!

No comments: