Saturday, November 30, 2019

Happy Eighth Birthday, Willow!

by Pa Rock
Proud Grandpa

My Oregon granddaughter, Willow Files, is eight-years-old today.  Pa Rock wishes that he could be with her today to celebrate, but he is happy to know that she is enjoying the day with her family and will have her friends over for a party this afternoon.

Party hearty, Willow!

I usually make it out to see Willow and her brothers, Sebastian and Judah, two times a year.  The last time that I was there, about a month ago, I joined Willow's brothers and parents in watching her and her team play soccer one Saturday morning.  There were several games going on at once, and lots and lots of young kids running around in their team tee-shirts, but I don't think that I saw anyone who was having as much fun as Willow.  She was very quick, kept her eye on the ball, and knew exactly what she was doing.  I was very impressed!

Willow was very busy, too, that evening a couple of years ago when we went to a local art gallery in her hometown to meet a pair of real Disney princesses:  Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella.  All of the young girls who came to that art event dressed up as princesses themselves, and Willow was "Belle" from "Beauty and the Beast."  The big gallery was full of young princesses, but I don't think that any of them had more fun than Willow!

Willow, today is also the birthday of Mark Twain, one of my favorite authors.  He was born in Missouri - where I live.   I hope that you enjoy some of his books as you get older - and maybe someday when you come to see me we can go on a float trip down the river like Huck Finn and Jim did in Mark Twain's most famous book, "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn."    Girls can have adventures, too!

Happy birthday, Sweetie.  I hope you have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

molly. said...

Willow says, "Thanks Pa Rock!" Thank you for calling. She had a daring, fun time, swimming & celebrating at her mermaid birthday party. She jumped off of the diving board (MANY TIMES) into the 12 foot deep pool. I was so nervous. She learned to swim about a month ago & has never had the amazing confidence she had today flying off of a diving board! Thank you for calling, & for writing about her. She genuinely enjoys & appreciates these things. Thank you!