Proud Member of the 99%
The millions of Americans who are holding multiple jobs in an heroic effort just to put food on the table and pay the rent or the mortgage each month can rest a bit easier because America's richest, the gilded one percent, are busy doling out raises - to themselves!
There was a disgusting report in CNN Money today highlighting the twenty biggest CEO pay raises for the year. For those who missed it, here are the top ten:
- Philippe P. Dauman of Viacom was awarded an annual raise of $50.5 million dollars - that's not his salary, that's his raise!
- Ray R. Irani of Occidental Petroleum is now taking home an additional $44.7 million per year.
- Donald J. Stebbins of Visteon saw his pay increase by $26.9 million per year.
- John F. Lundgren of Stanley Black and Decker got a raise of $23.3 million. (That's a lot of power screwdrivers!)
- Richard M. Bracken of HCA is now making $20.8 million above and beyond his salary from last year.
- Jamie Dimon of JP Morgan Chase, and one of my personal favorite CEO's - just for the size of his balls if nothing else, is getting a pay raise of $19.5 million.
- Richard C. Adkerson of Freeport-McMoRan had his pay bumped by $15.2 million.
- Les Moonves of CBS will be making an extra $13.9 million this year.
- Lloyd C. Blankfein of Goldman Sachs will take home an extra $13.3 million in compensation.
- Michael E. Szymanczyk of Altria (the Philip Morris people) will be making $11.8 million more this year.