Thursday, May 6, 2010

Boone Macy at Eleven

by Pa Rock
Proud Grandpa

My oldest grandson, Boone Macy of West Plains, Missouri, turned eleven today - seis de Mayo. I called him this evening to wish him a happy birthday. It was his second birthday call of the evening - sneaky Uncle Tim had beaten me to it!

Boone was born in West Plains, and I had the good fortune to be able to drive down from my home at the time in Waynesville, Missouri, and meet Boone on his first day of life. He was a beautiful baby, and the only two people on the planet who were prouder than me were his mom and dad!

Boone will always hold a special place in my heart. I remember playing with him and the water hose in his back yard one hot summer day. When he would come to visit me at Rock's Roost my big dogs, Paladin and Paloma, (Great Pyrenees) always slobbered all over him! And I'll never forget how excited he got when he saw me taking the big, green peddle car out of my car and carrying it up toward his house. Boone wasn't completely sure what it was, but he instinctively knew that it was something special for him.

Another great memory is of Boone at about the age of four teaching Uncle Tim and me how to play Crazy 8's. I'm fairly certain that he won the game! The first time we went to the movies by ourselves, we watched Brother Bear.

I drove Boone to school one day when he was in kindergarten. He wanted me to come in, and I dutifully followed him through the big doors. Little Boone knew everyone and they all came up to talk. Finally we made it to his room where he introduced me to his teacher. I was very pleased to find out that my grandson was so gregarious!

Boone and I have been on some good trips. We have gone to the Grand Canyon twice (and not fallen in!), to San Diego where we went to the ocean and to the famous zoo, and to Disney World followed by a cruise to the Bahamas on a Disney ship. It is so much fun to see the world through new eyes! This year we will go back to San Diego, and next year we are going someplace really special!

Boone, I love you - and I am so very proud of you! You are a wonderful grandson!

I am very pleased to be your...

Pa Rock

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I love that boy very much. -erin

molly. said...

Aww.. tear to my eye!!