Sunday, September 4, 2016

Oregon Discoveries

by Pa Rock
Proud Grandpa

I'm sitting at the airport in Portland reflecting on the past two days with my grandchildren.  Here are some of the things I learned while I was visiting:

Sebastian likes to be outdoors.  He seems to be particularly at ease riding his bicycle and navigating on roller skates.   Sebastian has a small garden,  and he has recently built a bird feeder.  He hasn't figured out what he wants for Christmas yet, but I have asked him to send me a letter with some suggestions.  I hope that he writes to me because I like getting mail!

Judah was more verbal this time than on any of my previous trips.   His interest in mechanical things is continuing to develop, and he likes to focus on items of interest until he figures out how they operate.  Judah is going to an awesome school - so much more advanced than the schools where I used to work.  Judah likes movies and electronic games.

Little Willow has a beautiful voice and likes to sing.  Yesterday  I discovered that she also knows how to whistle and enjoys doing that.  I told Willow that she gets that ability from me.  Neither of her brothers whistle - yet.  Willow also likes her dolls and stuffed animals - so I have plenty of Christmas ideas for her.

Pixie, their little dog, bonded with me this time much closer than on any of my other visits.  She is such a sweetie!  Now I am anxious to get home and see Rosie and Riley - my babies!

Oregon has been a treat.  I will definitely try to get back in the spring.

1 comment:

molly. said...

We had a great time too! Judah has been particularly quiet today, Willow asked when you were coming over today & Pixie has been whining. Pretty sure they miss Pa Rock. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!