Thursday, August 20, 2015

North to Alaska!

by Pa Rock
Traveling Fool

I am on the road this morning heading to Kansas City where my sister and I will board a plane late this evening for Anchorage, Alaska.    It will be the first trip for each of us to the 49th state.  Gail and I will be taking a cruise along the southern edge of Alaska and down the coast of British Columbia.   Our adventure is called the "Southern Glacier Cruise."

At the end of our 8-day float trip I will be boarding AmTrak in Seattle and heading south to Salem, Oregon, where I will spend a few days with my daughter and her family. 

Updates will be posted on this blog daily – as long as I can find access to WiFi.


All-in-all, it should be quite an exciting time:  ships, and trains, and grandkids – oh my!

No comments: