Thursday, October 13, 2011

Olive Noel Macy

by Pa Rock
Proud Grandfather

Our little princess has been named and shall be known from this day forward as Olive Noel Macy.  The middle name is pronounced like the two-syllable French word for Christmas and not like the one-syllable pronunciation of the small town in southwest Missouri that the Macy's have called home for more than half a century.  It is a very pretty name, and she is a very pretty baby.

I have held little Olive a couple of times today, but she has trouble getting comfortable with me and starts to cry. She seems to be the most content when she is lying on the bed next to her mother.

Olive has reddish hair that is the exact same color as her father's.  It is long enough that her grandmother joked that she could put it into a little ponytail!  Erin's  mother and sister are already talking about dressing her up for Halloween.  Little Olive is not going to lack for attention!

Soon it will be time for me to tell my granddaughter good-bye, and then I will head into Kansas City and pack and prepare for tomorrow's trip back to my other life in Okinawa.  I have enjoyed seeing and hearing from so many family members and friends, but, regrettably, it is time to return to work!


1 comment:

Cousin Bill said...

Congratulations to ALL of you on little Olive. I think it is wonderful that you were able to be a part of this miracle. Best of luck, and our love to all.