Saturday, October 15, 2011

Another Day, Another Attempt to Get Airborne!

by Pa Rock
Traveling Fool


It is Saturday morning and I have made it back to O'Hare, gone through the boarding process, dealt with the TSA screening hazing, and found my gate.  In a little over two hours I should be airborne and heading toward Japan - in an aisle seat!  It looks as though I have even managed to secure seating on the aisle for the ride on the puddle jumper that goes from Tokyo-Narita to Okinawa.

The worst consequence of missing yesterday's plane is that I will now get home very late Sunday night and have to be at work at 0700 hours on Monday morning.  There will be no time to deal with jet lag or to re-accustom myself to driving on the left-hand side of the road.  I will just have to focus extra hard on my clients and deal with the jet lag next weekend!

The room that United put me up in was very nice, actually a corner room with windows facing two directions.  It was also my birthday suite - room 323!  The meal(s) voucher was inadequate - $15.95 - which was not enough to cover my sandwich and iced tea yesterday - or the breakfast buffet this morning.  But, it did help. The hotel,  the Crowne Plaza, gave me complimentary toothpaste, toothbrush, shaving cream, and a razor - which  was a blessing for someone whose luggage is on a plane (probably) and headed for Allah-knows where!

The next time I leave Okinawa it will be by train - or on foot!

No comments: