Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Green Hornet Disappoints

by Pa Rock
Movie Goer


I slipped away from my apartment this afternoon and drove over to Camp Foster where I watched the midday showing of The Green Hornet, for the amazingly cheap ticket price of just four dollars and fifty cents.  Oh how I wish I hadn't let go of that money!

My expectation was that the movie would be campy and fairly funny, but the reality was that it was loud and annoying.  Seth Rogen as Britt Reid, aka The Green Hornet, somehow managed to turn what should have been a credible super hero into a bumbling nuisance.  Cameron Diaz, the film's eye-candy, gave a flat performance that did nothing to enhance the film or her career.  If this movie had any saving grace, it was Jay Chou's performance as Kato, the Hornet's personal assistant and technical expert.  Chou's Kato was at least likable.

The movie was really, truly, bad - and Seth Rogen deserves double raspberries because he also helped to write it.

The best part of the afternoon was exploring the theatre at Camp Foster.  It is huge!  My seating preference is always the back row, but this back row was so far away from the screen that I wished I had brought my binoculars.  But, after the film began, I was glad that I had left them at home!


No comments: