Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Younger, Lighter, Healthier, and Hairier

by Pa Rock
Ego Maniac

Doing research in the Mormon Library is having a surprisingly positive impact on my self-esteem.  I stumbled into the large gray building Tuesday morning feeling each and every one of my seventy years, but now, less than forty-eight hours later, I am sensing more of a spring in my step and a lightness of being.

Tuesday I was an old man struggling to hold onto everything as I hobbled from place to place.  Today I am one of the younger people doing research at the library - quite literally.   Yesterday I was concerned with my long-standing inability to lose weight, but today I am one of the skinnier people roaming the stacks in the library.   And when going outside back in Missouri I am always careful to wear a hat so as not to sunburn my head with its thinning hair, now I am in the enviable position of having more hair on my head than many of my fellow researchers - including some of the women.

And all of the people that I have met here, particularly the ones who live in Utah, are so calm, and friendly, and helpful, and well-mannered.  It's hard not to feel good about myself while walking the streets of Salt Lake City.    Why, if it wasn't for that white power and patriarchy things, and the prejudice against caffeine, I might even see myself becoming Mormon!

But for now I'm happy just to feel younger, lighter, healthier, and hairier!



1 comment:

Don said...

Sounds like a wonderful experience. Glad you're getting to experience it. Enjoy your time as a youngster!