Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Almost a Meal

by Pa Rock
Fine Diner

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had been busy entering a sweepstakes that was being conducted by Casey's, a midwestern chain of quick stops.  The contest had a grand prize of $50,000 and assorted minor prizes.  At the time I first wrote about it, I had won a cake doughnut.

Consider this as an update.

The Casey's 50th anniversary contest ran for two months, July and August, or a total of 62 days.  During that time special codes were printed on all of their store and gas receipts, and people could enter the contest by filling out a form on-line and entering the special code on each receipt.  It was a bit of a cumbersome process.  A maximum of three entries were allowed per day, per person, and by carefully remembering to ask for my receipt any time I visited a Casey's  (and latching onto any blowing across their parking lot or peeking out of the trash can), I amassed enough receipts to enter a total of 64 times - out of a possible 186.  Every entry represented a chance on an instant prize, and all entries went into the pool for the $50,000.

I haven't received a call from the corporate offices yet, so I probably did not win the grand prize - which wrecks my budget - but I did manage to collect two more instant prizes in addition to the cake doughnut.  I also won a cookie and a slice of Casey's semi-famous pizza.  And all of that, taken in total, was just a drink short of a meal.

Not too shabby for several hours hunched over the computer!

Who says old farts have too much time on their hands?

1 comment:

Xobekim said...

While the cookies and pizza are made fresh at each location, my experience with Casey's means that you are a winner. That's good tasting food.