Monday, September 10, 2018

Westward Ho!

by Pa Rock
High Flyer

Another day, another airport.

This morning I am back at Kansas City International preparing for a flight to Salt Lake City.  I will be out there until next Sunday, and most of my time will be spent doing genealogy research at the famed Mormon Library.  My focus will be one filling gaps in my existing tree - which is posted at Ancestry.com as "Rocky Macy's Roots, Branches, and Weeds."  This week I expect to be well into the weeds portion of the tree.

My big tree, which features a lot of related lineage for my grandkids, has over 4,600 names - many are spouses and children of ancestors.  Anyone who fears that they may be a blood relative of mine can have access to the tree if they contact me for an official "permission."

I am excited about this trip.  Researching at the Mormon Library has been on my bucket list for the past forty years, and now it is actually going to happen.  The Kansas City area also has a relatively new facility dedicated to genealogy, the Midwest Genealogy Center at the Mid-Continent Public Library in Independence, MO.    I plan on visiting it later this year.  Now, after this trip to Salt Lake, I will have a point of reference for judging the facility here in Missouri.

While in Salt Lake I will also visit Temple Square and enjoy re-learning some of the history of the city's original Mormon settlers.  It should be a rewarding and relaxing get-away.

More later from Utah!

No comments: