Sunday, September 16, 2018

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles

by Pa Rock
Road Warrior

Sunday morning and Pa Rock is headed back to the farm.

The day began before daylight in my hotel room in downtown Salt Lake City.  Because my hotel, the Plaza, falsely advertised that it would transport me to and from the airport in its free shuttle, I had to quickly make other plans yesterday, a full 24-hours in advance of my departure, when I learned that the first two shuttle runs were already completely booked.  I bitched to anyone who would listen that "shuttle service" meant "shuttle service" and that the hotel should not advertise the amenity if it was unable to deliver it to all of its customers.

But then the God of Brigham Young smiled kindly on me.  I discovered that the light rail, which has a station directly in front of the hotel, runs to the airport every fifteen minutes or so.  The trip was easy-peasy, and with a senior discount I was able to get to the terminal for a minimal $1.25 - which is less that the tip that the shuttle driver would have expected.

Nevertheless, Plaza Hotel in Salt Lake City you still suck!

Now I will take a plane to Kansas City where I will be met by my youngest son, Tim.  After passing out presents to the grandkids, I will most likely get in my trusty old car and then make the four-plus-hour drive back to West Plains.  If all goes well, I could be back on my mower early tomorrow afternoon!

No comments: