Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Sebastian is Nine, and Mighty Fine!

by Pa Rock
Proud Grandpa

My second oldest grandchild, Sebastian Files, turned nine yesterday.  He lives in Oregon with his mom and dad - and his little brother, Judah, and his little sister, Willow.  Pa Rock does not get to see his Oregon grandchildren nearly enough.

I tried to call Sebastian twice yesterday with no luck, and he finally called me back late in the evening.  Sebastian said that he had a very busy birthday.  He talked about some of his presents, his birthday party, and also said that he spent part of the day being tutored in Spanish.  Pa Rock was glad to hear about the tutoring because he believes that every young child should be fluent in at least two languages.

Sebastian missed being born on the Fourth of July by just one day, and his older cousin, Boone, missed being born on the Mexican independence day, Cinco De Mayo, by less than two hours. Both are independent-minded lads!

I told Sebastian that I would try to come see him later this summer - and that I might arrive by train like I did on my last visit.  Sebastian and Judah and Willow all like trains.  Sebastian said that he knows a spot on a bridge where he can stand and watch my train come in.

So the ball is in my court and I need to get to Oregon to see my grandchildren.  Sebastian is nine - but he will quickly be thirty!

No comments: