Saturday, March 5, 2016

Taxes and Eggs

by Pa Rock
Road Warrior

Rosie and I are on the road today delivering eggs to friends and family in southwest Missouri and northwest Arkansas.  The primary purpose of the trip west was to bring my tax material to the accountant who has fought my skirmishes with the government for over forty years.  The past few years I have had to pay obscene amounts to the feds - and I suspect this year will be heart-stopping also.

We are in Fayetteville, Arkansas, at my sister's home for the evening.  Gail's daughter, Tiffany, stopped by for awhile, and her son, Justin, came by with his family.  Later Gail's youngest son, Reed, joined us for dinner at a nice Oriental restaurant.   It is always good to see my nieces and nephews.  They are all such nice people.

Justin and I have been talking politics and watching Saturday caucus results on CNN.  CNN is set up at the Democratic Caucus in Roeland Park, Kansas - the suburb of Kansas City where my granddaughter, Little Olive, resides with her mommy and daddy.  I look for them and their neighbors every time the caucus pops up on the television machine.

And the politics Justin and I have been discussing?  We have both been jawing about how much we dislike Donald Trump.  Our conversation has been peppered with words like "blowhard," "bully," and "thug."  Most of my relatives are remarkably intelligent!

Back to West Plains tomorrow.

No comments: