Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Missouri Presidential Primary Update

by Pa Rock
Voter

I cast my ballot at around 10:00 a.m. at Howell County Precinct 5.  Turnout was surprisingly heavy - and gray.  In fact, of the thirty or so people standing around waiting to vote, most appeared to be older than my sixty-seven years.  I suspect that is a very good sign for Herr Trump and his Army of the Intolerant.

The sweet little lady handing out ballots whispered to me, "Do you want a Republican ballot or a Democrat?"  "Democratic," I responded - rather proudly.

There were either seven or eight names on the ballot.  Mrs. Bill Clinton was listed first, and Bernie was third.  I had not heard of any of the others.

Bernie got my vote, of course, and my car was the only one in the church parking lot with a bumper sticker related to today's events.

The size of the crowd left me feeling optimistic.  People caring enough to go vote is a good sign for the survival of our democracy.

No comments: