Sunday, October 18, 2015

Family Talent

by Pa Rock
Family Chronicler

It looks as though the youngest generation of our family, the one composed of my grandchildren and grandnieces and grandnephews, may become recognized as the generation of the performing artist.

My grandniece, Lauren Pfetcher, will appear on stage next month with the Chicago Lyric Opera in the production of a German opera entitled "Wozzeck."   The playbill describes the show as "100 minutes of powerful, edge-of-your-seat drama."  Lauren will be on stage for a few minutes of each performance as a part of a children's ensemble.

Lauren is my sister Gail's oldest grandchild (age 10).  She is the daughter of Jason and Heidi Smith Pfetcher of Chicago.  Gail and I are discussing the possibility of riding the train from Jefferson City to Chicago to watch Lauren in her operatic stage debut.  We are very proud of her!

I have also recently learned that my oldest grandchild, Boone Macy (age 16), played his guitar and sang solo at Neosho, Missouri's "Fall Festival."  Boone said that he did eight songs in front of an outdoor audience of a thousand - and "nailed" every song!  Boone is certainly to be commended - as is the person who gave him his first guitar - oh, wait, that was me!

Pa Rock would love to hear Boone perform - if someone would let him know when and where!

I whistle, if anyone is interested!

No comments: