Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Surgery Day


Pa Rock rambling...

For those of you who are aware of my medical drama, here is how things stand.  I will report to the hospital (West Valley Hospital in Goodyear, AZ) at 5:00 a.m. this morning for open-heart surgery at 7:00 a.m.  The triple by-pass will take about four hours to complete.  I have been told that I will have to get up and sit in a hospital chair sometime in the afternoon, and on Wednesday I will have to ambulate around the ICU and practice deep-breathing on some type of gizmo. If things go well, and they will, I should be released in about five days.

I will reportedly be able to go back to work sometime between four to ten weeks after the surgery.  I am hoping for a very short recovery period, but I have a house full of books just in case I am stuck at home for an intolerable period of time.

Molly is here with me and will stay until Sunday.  Nick arrives on Saturday and will be here for a week.  Molly is going to drive me to the hospital and Nick will probably be the one bringing me home.  Gail (my sister) will be here after Nick, and Tim will be here during week four.  Hopefully after all of that fine attention I will be able to get by on my own, but, in the event I need more assistance, I have many good friends at Luke Air Force Base who can drop by and help out.  (I live on the Air Force base.)

I just learned that Gail has flown to Phoenix and will be at the hospital during my surgery.    She will be in town for a couple of days.  I am very fortunate to have such a great sister!

Obviously The Ramble will be down for at least a couple of days.   Tim will post a medical update sometime this afternoon.    Remember, he is a professional writer, so expect his posting to be witty, insightful, and highly polished!    (No pressure, Tim!)  I will get back to banging out my own entries as soon as I am able.

Thanks for all of your concern and uplifting thoughts..  I will make it through this just fine.

You have my respect and affection, always...

Pa Rock

No comments: