Dead Pool Master
Okay, there has been enough interest expressed to try this Dead Pool thing one more year. 2011 marks the fourth year of this effort. This will be my absolute last year doing this unless we can really stir some interest. If you are reading this, please enter - and then forward the site to a few dozen of your friends. There are three prize levels, but with ties and such, I have written six checks the past two years. That's real money - and some of it could be yours!
Here are the rules: (Basically the same as last year.)
1. Select 10 prominent individuals (persons who would be known to most of us) whom you think could die in 2011 - 1 February - 31 December. Your list might include politicians, royalty, sports figures, Hollywood types, famous criminals, etc. All selections must be human.
2. Entries accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by responding to this blogpost.
3. Deadline is midnight, January 31st, 2011 - that gives you a week to get your entry in!
4. Only one entry per person, please.
5. Entrants need to be at least eighteen-years-old and have a valid email address.
6. Do not pick any low hanging fruit. If it is common knowledge that someone will likely expire during the next eleven months, play fair and don't choose them.
7. Winners will be determined on a point basis. The age of the deceased will be subtracted from 100 to determine the amount of points awarded. The death of a young person will gain more points that the death of someone in their eighties or nineties.
8. Prizes this year will be cash. $50 for first place, $25 for second place, and $10 for third place. In the event of a tie - last year three people tied for first and two for second - the prize will be awarded to each individual who tied. (If three people tie for first place, poor old Pa Rock will cough up $50 for each of them. Ouch!)
9. Have fun - and start getting those lists in!