Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chick-fil-A Gets Creepy

by Pa Rock
Citizen Journalist


Chick-fil-A makes a damned good chicken sandwich, and it is one of the fast foods that I really miss out here in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.  Unfortunately for me and hopefully for them, I will probably also be missing that famous chicken sandwich when I return stateside.

There was a story on the Internet today claiming that the venerable peddler of cooked poultry carcasses is helping to sponsor an event in Pennsylvania next month whose aim is to piss and moan about same-sex marriages.  Yup, the maker of those delicious chicken sandwiches is funneling its money and support to the Pennsylvania Family Institute, a homophobic group who have stated that same-sex couples harm civilization.

That, of course, is nonsense, but there is probably an argument to be made that eating family meals in a car instead of around the dinner table might be harmful to civilization.  Maybe the well-known chicken vendor should be putting its money and political muscle behind a movement to encourage cooking at home and eating meals as a family.  Hell, I might even contribute to that one!

Support real family values - boycott Chick-fil-A!

1 comment:

Don said...

I hadn't heard about this. I've eaten my last meal there.
Thanks for the info