by Pa Rock
Citizen Journalist
Donald Trump appears to be more untethered from reality with each passing day as Americans stand by bewildered, staring at their feet, and trying not to pay too much attention to the actual words coming out of his mouth. He is our batty old grandfather who is lost in the mists of his glory days and vocalizing whatever thoughts, or fragments of thoughts, that happen to pop into his mind. But he is also an important person, a world leader who has immense power at his fingertips, so we have to show respect and act like we are following whatever spaghetti noodle of a thought that is dropping from his mouth, and try not to to laugh, or cry, as we continue to stare at our feet.
Last Saturday at a campaign rally at Butler High School in Vandalia, Ohio, an event that he lied about and described as "totally maxed out" with "thousands" being turned away at the doors, there was a prolonged episode where Trump's brain seemed to loose its connection to his mouth as he spoke to the partially-filled auditorium. Trump was trying to speak on the subject of "inflation" when his ego took over, and he instead decided to emphasize just how smart he actually is.
Unfortunately for Trump, he was successful in that endeavor. The President of the United States said:
"I know more about inflation, I know more about everything than anybody in this room. Anybody anywhere in the world. Well, there's a woman sitting right over there. She's a housewife but she's very good. She's got a natural instinct for business. She perhaps knows more than I do but I actually don't think so."
I am a couple of years younger than Donald John, but well within the age range most people regard as "elderly." If I were to make a statement that incoherent in the presence of my primary care physician, he would probably walk me to his clinic's lab to draw blood so they could check my med levels - and then schedule a cognitive abilities test, a real one - and finally call for one of the kids to come drive me home.
But Grandpa Donald yammers on, all day (when he's not napping during high-level government meetings), and often late into the night as he posts AI memes to social media where he depicts himself as superheroes, warriors, and religious and divine figures. Perfectly normal stuff - for life at Shady Pines!
Grandpa needs an office visit with my doctor. America is in a dangerous place, and it needs a Congress, or a Presidential Cabinet, that will step forward and do its job for the security and benefit of the nation.
And now, if you will excuse me, Pa Rock is heading to the county courthouse to vote early where he will cast his votes to try and make things better. It's the least I can do, but I will do that - and YOU should, too!


2 comments:
Yes, yes, vote early. Missouri early voting is pretty simple (maybe not if you're rural). Vote at your convenience, no long lines, no worry that Trump will interfere, as he surely will concerning the mail in votes. Vote early, vote often. No, just once.
I voted! There were only three Dems on the entire ballot (but more than I expected), so that part didn't take long. There were several amendments and a proposal on the ballot, and I took my time with those to make sure I understood the crafty wording. My ballot and I were sent into a nice room with three makeshift voting booths where I was the only voter present. The door to the very nice room was held open with a doorstop. One worker in the office was positioned just outside of the door where she droned on and on to another worker about her son marrying an atheist, but now he was making the wife sit at "his" table while he prayed over each meal - and how proud was of her son for doing that. I finally gave up trying to read the ballot measures and walked over to the door where I removed the stop and closed it. So much for election interference, hillbilly style!
In Missouri you can vote in the county clerk's office four weeks out before an election - today - but you must provide an excuse for voting absentee - such as "I'm going to be out of town on election day." Or, two weeks out from the election day you can vote absentee in the county clerk's office without the excuse. On election day itself you cannot vote there. I learned that the hard way..
Most of us have no way of knowing when our Timex is going to stop ticking, so I always try to vote early - just in case!
Go vote!!!
Post a Comment