Friday, August 9, 2024

On State Street, that Great Street!

 
by Pa Rock
Tourist

Yesterday evening one grandson and a great-granddaughter and great-grandson of the late Dan and Sis Sreaves of rural Seneca, Missouri, and the late Chock and Hazel Macy of rural Neosho, Missouri,  enjoyed a delicious salad and pizza in an open air restaurant on the beautiful and bustling - and legendary (thank you, Frank Sinatra) State Street in downtown Chicago.  It was a beautiful evening in a very exciting urban setting, and several times my thoughts drifted to my parents and grandparents wondering how they would feel looking down on our little group where we sat talking, laughing, and eating in an environment so very far removed from our Ozark roots - and then my thoughts would always pull forward to how fortunate I was to still be around enjoying the vibrancy of Chicago with Heidi and Tim.

My life has had some very nice moments, and yesterday evening was certainly one of them!

No comments: