Sunday, June 8, 2014

Westward Ho! (Day Ten)

by Pa Rock
Wagon Master

Sunday evening and we are just wrapping up the westward portion of our trip.  Tomorrow morning, bright and early, Boone and I will begin the long trek homeward.  Tomorrow's travel will be southward along Oregon's coastal highway - and then into the magnificent redwoods of northern California.   We will take a left a Sacramento, probably on Tuesday, and head out toward Reno and Salt Lake City.   Eventually we will see the outskirts of Denver and way too much of Kansas as we make our way to Kansas City on Interstate 70.

Boone is still out visiting with his grandmother.  I have said my good-byes to Molly and Scott and my three Oregon grandchildren.   Molly and Sebastian will be coming to Missouri for a brief visit in July (my oldest son's wedding), but it will be at least this fall before I am able to see the other two again.  Next time I come to Oregon, I will fly and leave the Conestoga wagon at home!

We spent most of today at Molly and Scott's home.  This afternoon the little kids played outside in the sprinklers and had a great time.  I did manage to get a few things organized so that we can make an early exit from Salem in the morning.

The wagon is packed (mostly), and the oxen are rested.  We are ready to hit the trail!

No comments: