Saturday, November 3, 2012

Boone Is Growing Up!

by Pa Rock
Proud Grandpa

The weather in Arizona has cooled to the point where I can finally start working in the yard - something that I really love to do.  Today I cleaned out a flower bed in front of my military housing, covered the ground in white marble rocks, and planted a couple of new roses.   One of Arizona's few pluses is that roses grow well here.  The new rose garden looks nice.    Tomorrow I will populate it with my colorful collection of metal yard gnomes.  (I'm bucking for yard of the month!)

As I was shopping for the new rose bushes today at Lowe's, I got a phone call from my oldest grandchild, Boone.  He wanted me to know that deer season started today in Missouri and he shot a doe on the first day.  He was quite excited.  I have never been a hunter, but Boone and his dad are, and I know the activity is a good bonding experience for them.  Boone also told me that he went to a school dance last night.  The little man is growing up way too fast!

I have been saving money for Boone's college since he was just a few months old.  It's hard to believe, but we will begin cashing in those savings bonds in less than five years!

Boone, Pa Rock remains very proud of you!

No comments: