Friday, June 10, 2011

Fit for a Day

by Pa Rock
Old Wheezer


I didn't intend to spend the day focusing on physical fitness when I got up this morning, but somehow it turned into one of those rare days when I seemed to sweat out more fat and calories than I consumed.

This is my bi-monthly Friday off, and I usually begin the "free" Fridays with a massage.  In fact, I have a standing appointment at 9:00 a.m. on those Fridays.  It is an extravagance, but it is such a nice extravagance!  I followed that with a visit to the gym where I marched two miles on the treadmill in thirty-five minutes.  (Most of the young people on the treadmills at the gym spend thirty-five minutes running, but I am thankful to be able just to keep moving that long!)

I came home at noon and whipped up enough tuna salad to last through next week, and then took off for Torii Beach where I walked the entire beach - probably at least three miles -  picking up sea glass.

And now the sun is setting, leaving me to wonder just where the hell did the day go?


No comments: