Friday, August 13, 2010

Visiting the Neighbors

by Pa Rock
Citizen Journalist


I have spent the better part of the day getting moved into my new apartment.  I had my little car loaded down with the possessions that I brought over on the flight from the United States, as well as other things that I have accumulated since getting here.  It took me quite a while to find my apartment on my own, but I finally accomplished that - and got everything upstairs and unpacked.

The gas man came and turned on the gas.  He gave me a sheet of paper that said, "If you  have a problem with your gas, please show this paper to somebody who speaks Japanese!"  The rest was written in Kanji.

One of the ladies from the housing agency came by to conduct the move-in inspection.  We had lots of communication issues.  There were separate air conditioners in each room, each with its own set of unique instructions -  and all of the instructions are in Japanese!

Living here is going to be such an adventure!

Tonight I am visiting the neighbors - Camp Foster (United States Marine Corps) - using their Internet Cafe.  There is enough testosterone in this place to float a boat - a big one!

More tomorrow - if I can find an available "hot spot."

No comments: