Friday, July 12, 2019

Happy Birthday, Rosie!

by Pa Rock
Proud Papa

My little Chihuahua, Rosie, was born on either July 10th or July 12th, 2014, and since I let the 10th slide by without remembering, we are marking the occasion today.  She knows something special is going on because her Daddy rarely sings to her!

Rosie and I met at a roadside puppy stand at Caufield, Missouri, on September 1st, 2014.  She and her slightly smaller sister were in a box, and she reached up and licked my face.  I knew at once that the little pup (just one pound and one ounce) had good taste!  I pulled myself away from the puppies and continued on my shopping trip down into Arkansas, but as I was returning to Missouri later that day the stand was still there and I found myself once again faced with Rosie, this time by herself.  She came home with me, and, as far as I know, we have neither one ever regretted that move.

My granddaughter, Olive, gave her the name "Rosie."   I learned later that she had chosen it because it was the name of Dora the Explorer's little sister - but it fit nicely!  When Rosie is outside and hears her name, she come's running.  Also, saying "Rosie, there is food in your bowl" will set her running straight to the kitchen!

My little Rosie is a smart girl, and the light of my life!

Happy birthday, sweetie!

1 comment:

Xobekim said...

This is two days in a row that Caulfield, Missouri has risen to the top in my little universe. Yesterday Bryce, his mother and stepfather, and a caravan from Troop 199 set out for the Sunburst Ranch of Caulfield. They are floating the North Fork River.

Happy Birthday Rosie.