Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Decrepitude Is Only a Fall Away!


by Pa Rock
The Wanderer

Tim had Rosie and I back to West Plains by early afternoon yesterday.  During the eighteen days in which we had been away, there didn't seem to have been much that had changed around town or at The Roost.   A heavy snow had knocked quite a bit if brush out to the trees shortly before we had vacated to the Kansas City area, and  it was nice to find that Number One Son, Nick, had cleaned up most of that during our absence.  (Nick had also done some much-needed house-cleaning while we were away - and the cat and guinea both looked like they had been well cared for during our sojourn to the Kansas suburbs of Kansas City.)

Tim took me to the local pharmacy and grocery shopping before he headed back to his home.  He spent about ten hours on the road yesterday.  Pa Rock is truly grateful for the love and support of his family.

Today has started off well.  The mower shop in Mountain View where I purchased my monster lawnmower came and picked it up this morning for its annual service.   I also managed to complete all of my standard morning routines by myself - save one.  So far I haven't figured out how to put the arm sling on without assistance, but I will devise a system for accomplishing that as well.

Big picture:  the arm is slowly getting better, and I am becoming more proficient in taking care of myself - also slowly.

Take care of yourselves.  Decrepitude is only a simple fall away!

1 comment:

Molly said...

You're going to be okay. This, I know.