Friday, February 24, 2023

Around the Bend and on the Mend

 
by Pa Rock
Recuperator

The last good night's sleep that I have had was on January 29th.  Since breaking my left arm early on the morning of Monday, January 30th, I have been forced to try to sleep uncomfortably on my back, without moving, while in a moderate amount of pain.  Any night that I managed to get two hours or more of sleep was a good night.

All of that nocturnal misery seems to have come to a screeching halt as of last night when, without warning, I enjoyed just over twelve hours of blissful unconsciousness with only a few brief interruptions.  The restful sleep was wonderful, and this morning I feel blissfully recharged!

Today my morning shower was far less tortuous than it has been during recent weeks.  I have better movement in my arm, and I can get both hands to the keyboard, although my left hand shakes so badly that it is still of little use in typing.

But better sleep will will bring quicker healing - and I am unanimous in that!

No comments: