Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Canadian Goose-Stepping

 
by Pa Rock
Urban Adventurer

I don't get out much of late,  and with the onset of the clarity gained through twenty-twenty hindsight, I am becoming increasingly aware that I never got out much in life at all.  Next time I will endeavor to see and do more.   But with a few shards of my current life remaining, I make a conscious effort to see and experience as much life as I can each time I make it beyond the confines of the house.

This evening my son and I made a supply run to Costco where we were exposed to many wonders packaged in bulk.  Before we even got to the big box store, however, we were exposed to a survival wonder of nature.   It was right at the height of rush hour on a very busy section of Johnson Drive where we encountered two fully-grown Canadian Geese slowly, and very carefully, making their way across the vehicular war zone - on foot!  We drove by just as they were completing their daredevil adventure.

Having recently priced airline tickets to Oregon, I completely understood why the geese had chosen to walk!

I don't know but I've been told
    Canadian Goose Vodka is mighty bold,
I don't know but I hear tell
    Too much of it rings Jody's bell!

Sound off
    One, two,
Sound off
    Three, four,
Bring it on down
    One, two, - three, four!

No comments: