Friday, March 6, 2020

Traffic is on the Increase, and the Dow is on the Decrease

by Pa Rock
Road Warrior

Rosie and I got up early and drove to McDonald County, Missouri, this morning where I dropped off my tax information to the preparer who has done my taxes for the last forty years or so.  It's a beautiful day and we did the 217 miles of four-lane highways and one-quarter mile of dirt road in about four hours - with the only stop along the way being for filling the car with gas and a bathroom break.  Then we drove twenty-five miles further south to my sister's new place in Rogers, Arkansas.

This afternoon Abigail and I visited with an old friend who is in a resthome close by.  Tonight we may get to see a few of Abigail's kids, grandkids, and granddogs.

Traffic ran fast and smoothly until I reached Northwest Arkansas.  Here it is bumper-to-bumper.  I can understand why people with jobs live elbow-to-elbow in tightly wound urban areas, but it baffles me why those who don't have to live this way - like retired individuals - would choose to make their homes in all of this confusion.   But, as my dad used to say, "To each his own."

The Dow Jones dropped another 800 points today.  Thanks, Trump.

No comments: