Thursday, March 21, 2019

Another Day in the Air

by Pa Rock
Flying Fool

This morning finds in in a familiar haunt, Kansas City International Airport, awaiting a flight to Portland where I will spend a couple of days visiting with my Oregonian grandchildren.  Kansas City did have two airlines that flew nonstop to Portland - Alaska and Southwest - but those very convenient routes no longer exist since my most recent trip last August, so today I am routing through Salt Lake City.

Today I am trying to game the system by dragging along a carry-on suitcase that I really don't want to carry on board.   The last few flights that I have been on the airlines have offered - at the last minute - to check carry-ons for free in order to insure that there is adequate space.   If my evil plan works it will save the $30 baggage fee.  Being old and poor fosters creativity!

Rosie will spend the next few days with Tim's family.  She does not appreciate being left behind, but Olive and Sully will keep her so busy that she probably won't even miss me!

Check back for updates from the Left Coast - and enjoy the first full day of spring!




No comments: