Sunday, December 30, 2018

"Lost Child": A Los Angeles Times "Overlooked" Film

by Pa Rock
Proud Papa

Rosie and I are heading out for a couple of hard days on the road in about an hour or so, and consequently I need something interesting, yet easy to post, this morning before I leave - and I regard what follows as definitely worthy of note.

"Lost Child" a film written by youngest son Tim - and Ramaa Mosley, a director whom Tim worked with previously on another feature-length film, 'The Brass Teapot," was singled earlier this week by the Los Angeles Times as an "overlooked" film - one of a very few movies to be so honored.  "Lost Child" was originally titled "Tatterdemalion," and it was filmed in and around West Plains, Missouri, the town that I currently call home.

Here is what the reviewer from the Los Angeles Times had to say about this "overlooked" film:

"'Lost Child':  A physically wounded vet reluctantly bonding with a child may sound like something you've seen before, but you haven't seen this slow-burning thriller directed by Ramaa Mosley.  Grounded in a breakout performance by Leven Rambin, the film walks a fine line, balancing elements of psychological drama and supernatural, with a surging undercurrent of social commentary that sneaks up on you."

I couldn't have said it better myself.  This exceptional movie is available through Amazon.com as well as other fine retailers - and "The Brass Teapot" is also!

And now, if you will excuse me, Rosie and I are on the road again!  I will drive safely over this wild New Year's weekend, and you should, too!

No comments: