Tuesday, February 25, 2014

No More Blue Mondays

by Pa Rock
Old Fart

Yesterday at 7:30 a.m. I had the most amazing thought as I climbed out of my car and headed in to work.  I was experiencing the last Monday morning - hopefully ever - that I would have to crawl out of bed and go to work!  Oh, by living on a farm, I will certainly be getting up early every day and feeding chickens - or mowing - or pulling weeds in the garden - or whatever, but I would no longer be operating on someone else's clock!

I haven't figured out how many Mondays I have worked over the last forty-three years, but if I ever felt the urge to know, I now have time to sit down and begin figuring it out.  Why, I could even do it at the breakfast table  on a Monday morning.  It's not like I have to be anyplace else!

I may even get rid of my alarm clock and invest  in a rooster - a better and more reliable alarm clock that doesn't have a snooze button or require batteries.

Just three more days of work!  I have a really good feeling about this retirement thing!

2 comments:

Don said...

I know the feeling and that last day is even more wonderful than those which came before.

Congrats!

Tim said...

I'm so happy for you!