Saturday, January 18, 2014

Saturday in Oregon

by Pa Rock
Proud Grandpa

I made it out of Phoenix and into Portland this morning without incident.  The flight was about half-full which made for a very pleasant flying experience.  I arrived in Salem shortly after noon and spent the remainder of the afternoon with my grandchildren - all of whom are well, active, and happy.

Sebastian is six and in a kindergarten that has an emphasis on Spanish.  He seems to be picking it up well.    Fluency in more than one language will serve anyone well in this day and age.  Judah is four.  He is in preschool.  Judah has an interest in trains and is a very loving child.  Little Willow just turned two this at the end of this past November.  It took her a while to warm up to me, but by the time we went out for supper this evening she was doing just fine.

I also met my new grand dog, Pixie, who is some sort of cross between a Chihuahua and a terrier.  She had a major fit when I showed up - probably not wanting a stranger around her family.  But by the end of the day Pixie and I had become good friends.  She liked rubbing her cold nose on my hands to warm it up.

My plans are to spend three days with Scott and Molly's family and the fly back to Phoenix on Tuesday.  When I get back to work on Wednesday I will have just thirty-eight days until retirement - including weekends!  But who's counting?

Some of my co-workers refer to me as a two-digit midget!

No comments: