Friday, July 12, 2013

An Afternoon at Kansas City International

by Pa Rock
Weary Traveler

Tim dropped me off at Kansas City International Airport a couple of hours ago, and instead of arriving in Phoenix about now as I should have done, I am still in Kansas City - where everything is shamefully up-to-date.

I remain in Kansas City because I sold my soul, or at least my afternoon, for a $375 airline credit.  U.S. Air had overbooked the flight I was to have taken, and I took advantage of an offer to take a later flight for the credit voucher.  That bit of luck represents that only money that I made on this outing to the Ozarks.

Answer this for me, U.S. Air:  If I pay your $25 extortion fee to put my bag in the baggage hold, why must I then be the one to take the bag from the scales to the security checkpoint?  For $25 I think you should meet me at the terminal door, take the bag, and get it to the damned plane.  Why, for $25, you ought to carry me to the plane!

Kansas City is contemplating building a new airport.  I would hate to see that happen because this one is very simple to navigate.   The entry, check-in, and passenger gates are all very close to one another and it is simple to get through the process - or at least it would be if not for the TSA!


No comments: