Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Dime a Dozen

by Pa Rock
Globe Trotter

One more airport story:

I stopped at a food court in the Dallas-Ft. Worth (DFW) Airport where I planned to grab a sandwich and try to figure out how to connect to the Wi-Fi.  As I entered, I spotted an Army captain sitting alone working at his computer.  I sat down across from him and told him that I was an Army employee on Okinawa and asked where he was stationed.  He said, "We are from D.C."

That should have been my first clue.

I asked him about connecting to Wi-Fi.  He was using an air-card, but very courteously pulled my computer across to him and tried to help me - unsuccessfully as it turned out.  As he was working, another man in uniform walked up and sat down next to me.   He actually brought the captain's food to him.  After a minute or two of ignoring the newcomer, I glanced up to get a look at him.

"Oh, hell."  I stammered.  "I'm sorry I bothered you captain.  I had no idea you were a general's aide!"

The man wearing the star looked me and grinned.  "Aw, that's alright.  We're a dime a dozen."

Not in my world you aren't - sir!

No comments: