Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bikes, Blues, and BBQ!

by Pa Rock
Old Hippie

(A note on time:  The dates on this blog are running one day in the future because I am currently in the United States but the blog is set up on Japanese time - which is tomorrow...and I am not smart enough, nor energetic enough, to try to change it.  I am actually typing this entry on Thursday, September 29, 2011.)

Sister Gail and I have just returned from Dickson Street in downtown Fayetteville, Arkansas, where the annual Bikes, Blues, and BBQ festival is occurring.  We spent the morning walking along Dickson (the heart of the University district) looking in shops and biker stands, admiring the shiny motorcycles, listening to engines roar, watching the freaks, and eating.  Many of the bikers were older than me, and most made me look skinny!  Their bikes looked expensive and their women looked cheap - and the food was over-priced but tasted good in a carnival sort of way.

This afternoon we are driving to the Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport so that I will be able to find my way there tomorrow morning in the dark when I board a plane to go see Molly and her crew in Oregon.

I still have not won the Missouri Lotto, Powerball, or Mega Millions, so it looks that I will be returning to Okinawa right on schedule!

No comments: