Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Taxing Weekend, but the Weather is Great!

by Pa Rock
Citizen Journalist


It has been a beautiful weekend on Okinawa, though the evenings have brought some rain.  I know it has been a beautiful weekend not because I have been out enjoying it, but because my windows have been open and the ocean breeze has kept my apartment fresh and cheery.  Unfortunately, I have been inside for two days trying to get my affairs sorted out enough for the tax preparer to make sense of them.  Even more unfortunate is the fact that I failed to complete the task - and thus will be dedicating at least part of next weekend to the same chore.

The weather has gotten so warm that today I took the quilt off of my bed.  I will be able to sleep under a sheet, comfortably, until November.  This is the nice time of the year when neither heating nor cooling is required.  In fact, I didn't use the heater hardly any this winter - just put a few more covers on the bed.

All in all, Okinawa is a nice place to live.  

No comments: