Sunday, February 13, 2011

Clothing Bargains and Killer Books!

by Pa Rock
Discriminating Shopper

Okay, it is supposedly snowing in Seoul, and my supply of long-sleeved shirts  is at a bare minimum.  So this afternoon I swung by the PX at Camp Foster to see if they had anything in stock - and I hit the jackpot!  I found five long-sleeved shirts on sale (spring clearance) for prices ranging from five to nine dollars each.  I added two short-sleeved shirts to that pile, some postcards, a book, and a card and small gift for Valerie's birthday - and still spent less than a hundred dollar bill!

Tonight I went back to the PX for some disposable razors for the trip.  After locating what I wanted, I found myself traversing the children's and young adult's book aisle.  The first "must have" that I encountered was a soon-to-be classic entitled Night of the Living Trekkies.  I plan to read it on the plane.  The second book was a hardcover reading primer called Dick and Jane and Vampires!  Now don't even try to tell me that one won't become a best seller!

New clothes and new books!  Life is sweet!




No comments: