Sunday, July 12, 2009

Talking the Talk

by Pa Rock
Social Observer

I just returned from a trip to our community center (the Circle K Quick Stop) where I noticed a fellow wearing an interesting tee shirt. He was standing on the sidewalk at a machine renting movies with his back to me. The man was sporting a black tee with bright yellow lettering that said "Ashes to Ashes - Be Tobacco Free." Being an ardent non-smoker, I planned to say something positive about his shirt as I stepped past him and into the store. The plan changed, of course, when I got to where I could see his face - and the cigarette dangling from his lips!

That's Arizona logic, I suppose. These folks are so hard-headed that they won't even take their own advice. "Ain't no tee shirt gonna tell me what to do!"

No comments: