Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spam: It's Not Just for Breafast Any More!

by Pa Rock
Cyber Warrior

A few days ago I posted a piece about Meghan McCain entitled My Favorite Republican. It looked admiringly at Ms. McCain's attempts to drag the Republican Party (kicking and screaming) into the 21st century. She has her work cut out for her because much of the GOP is still firmly rooted in the 19th century!

That posting generated one response, but for the life of me I can't figure out the writer's intent. The person who submitted the reply went on for thousands and thousands (and thousands!) of words that did not seem to have any bearing on what I had written. His (or her) rant seemed to be focusing on how the greedheads are stealing from the poor, and I certainly agree that is the case. But it would take at least a couple of hours to read the manifesto in its entirety, so I have no idea if there were some other conspiracy theories woven into it or not. I am assuming that it was spam, but, if so, quite a bit of work went into the effort.

I have saved the erratic rant in a Word file and plan on pasting it to replies to all of those generous people in Nigeria who keep writing and asking me to help them get their fortunes to the United States. I want them to know - I care!

No comments: