Friday, April 17, 2009

Packing and Moving

by Pa Rock
Desert Mule

I took possession of my new home this evening by moving in the first carload of treasure. The people that I am buying the place from left it spotless, and I understand that Virginia worked Jim into the ground over the past couple of weeks making minor repairs around the place. She told him that she wasn't going to leave anything dirty or in need of repair.

They left all kinds of good items - laundry supplies, a bunch of new light bulbs, cleaning supplies, several brooms and mops and a Swiffer Duster, a wheel barrow, lawn furniture, a gas barbecue drill, extra linen for the bed that they left, a good garden hose, and other little things that they thought I might need. It was all good stuff - no junk! I also discovered that the appliances include an upright freezer that I had failed to notice during my several trips through the house. Virginia even left a pitcher of fresh lemonade in the refrigerator! Such sweeties!

Tomorrow I will take several more carloads over. Moving is an exciting adventure - and very tiring! Please feel free to hop on a plane and fly out to Phoenix and help. The lemonade's on me!

No comments: