Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Pod and I

by Pa Rock
Head Banger

The iPod adventure continues. I have now mastered loading the beast and have over 600 of my personal favs only a click or two away. As I type this update, I am listening to some kick-ass Hank Williams, Jr, while loading Jerry Jeff Walker from CD into iTunes.

I am ever so slowly learning how to use the control wheel on the iPod, mostly through trial and error. I especially like the "shuffle" feature, constantly being surprised by what the Apple Gods cough up for my listening pleasure. The one thing that I haven't figured out yet is volume. I stick those stupid ear buds as far down into my ear canals as is humanly possible, but the max volume that I get is too low. Today I premiered it at the gym, but could barely hear the music over all of the straining, grunting, and wheezing. I can't exercise any quieter, so the music has got to get louder!

One person responded after my last pissy iPod post saying that I should get an Apple computer and then it would all be very simple. I suspect that is right, but I am at least a year or two away from my next computer, so I will have to suffer through with what I've got.

But I am learning. If anyone can explain how to increase the volume, get in touch.

Tonight I will give up and try reading the manual.

No comments: