Saturday, April 25, 2009

Home at Last!

by Pa Rock
Mover and Shaker

The 25th day of April, 2009, finds me in my new home. We moved all day long, and I am beet red and bone tired. My main helper today was a seventeen-year-old young man named D.J. (which is short for a beautiful African name, the spelling of which I did not master). D.J.'s grandmother, Jessica Whitaker, is one of my social work co-workers at Luke.

Jessica told me that D.J. was a good worker, and she certainly was right. We must have made ten trips up and down Litchfield Road in my little convertible that thinks it's a truck. Our loads were often stacked high and wide, and had that Beverly Hillbillies look about them! Two other friends came over with a truck and helped get the biggest items on up the road. I still have two or three small loads at the old place, and quite a bit of cleaning to do.

Tomorrow Dish Network will be here (hopefully) to get my satellite service set up. I will probably move a few more things over, and I am going to jazz up some of my furniture with a new coat of paint. A co-worker will be bringing over an evening meal to help me recover from the trauma of all of this physical exertion! (Thank you, Patty Marks!)

My new place is so quiet. Gone is the loud thumping music from my downstairs neighbors, along with the occasional whiffs of fragrant marijuana wafting upward from their patio to my balcony. Gone are the all-night sirens screaming along Litchfield and McDowell. (Although this beautiful trailer court - Litchfield Village - fronts on Litchfield Road, my abode is near the back, about a half mile from the gate.

The birds have discovered the birdbath that I put out for them, and tomorrow there will be a feeder also. Late this afternoon I saw a small jackrabbit scamper across the park by the trailer court office, and I have heard that there are several more playing in the neighborhood.

Life can't get much better than this!

1 comment:

Phillipia said...

Glad the move went well...Enjoy your new home.