Sunday, August 17, 2008

Greetings from San Antonio!

by Pa Rock

This evening I am blogging nineteen stories above the River Walk in San Antonio, Texas. I believe that this is my sixth trip to San Antonio for job training in the last four years. It is a beautiful city, one that offers scenic vistas at every turn. During past visits I have toured the Alamo and its grounds, visited the city market, and even enjoyed the annual Fiesta. I have listened to street musicians, watched colorful local dancers, and sampled much of the local cuisine.

Today, as in all previous trips, I strolled along the River Walk, fed the ducks and pigeons (and the occasional grackel), and nosed through some of the tourist shops. Tonight I will go back down to the River Walk and stop at my favorite cantina for a plate of enchiladas.

Tomorrow the work begins. I'll try not to let it interfere with my fun!

No comments: